There is something I’ve come to realize I need to guard against as a mom. I sometimes want to be God in my kids’ lives instead of their own personal Prayer Warrior!!
I want to write their stories.
I want to set the courses of their futures.
I want to prevent them from ever being hurt.
I want to be their provider and protector.
And I want to be the one to set anyone straight who messes with my kids.
Can you relate on any level?
But then things happen beyond our control we eventually have to face the reality that we aren’t God. And we can’t operate like we are.
So what do we do with that gap where our mommy capabilities end and trusting God begins?
I want to trust God with everything beyond my control with my kids but it’s so scary!!
We must fill that gap with the only thing that bridges the space between our limitations and our trust in God… PRAYER
I know, I know – that can sound like such a cliché Christian answer. Typical. Too hyper-spiritual. Not the answer we want sometimes.
But prayer is the only possibility with real possibility.
But where would we all be if it wasn’t for the power of prayer?
POWERFUL PRAYERS FOR OUR CHILDREN!!
1. Give my child a deep desire to listen to You, Lord, and pray often, “What message does my Lord have for his servant?” (Joshua 5:14b).
2. Let them learn early in life that to obey You, God, is the best way to the life they truly desire, (1 Samuel 15:22).
3. May they find comfort in Your ability, (2 Samuel 22:17-18).
4. May they please You, Lord, by desiring, asking for, and utilizing a discerning heart full of wisdom, (1 Kings 3:9-12).
5. Let them find confidence in You, God, even when hard times come and do not know what to do, by keeping their eyes fixed on You, (2 Chronicles 20:12).
P.S. For more information on Prayers for our Children and to purchase a copy of Powerful Prayers for Our Children cd, Please visit my website, mariareems.com.